||Park City Soccer Club
2015/16 Practice Roster Policy
The Practice Roster is intended to serve as a bridge between Rec programs and a regular competitive team---allowing developmental time for players and coaches as they make roster decisions.
1. Only Coaches can add players to the practice roster. New players must be added to the practice roster within 2 weeks of practicing with a team.
2. All players on the practice roster must have a UYSA membership card so they are covered by UYSA insurance. This allows practice roster players to participate in tournaments if invited by a team coach.
3. Fees: Beginning in June, the first month is $75, which includes PCSC Summer Camp and a practice t-shirt. Remainder of the year is: $75 per month for participation beginning July 1 through May 31. An additional fee of $50 to UYSA is charged for a "Tournament Only" card if a practice roster player is asked to participate in any tournament. This fee is applied to UYSA membership fees if the player is asked to roster with the team.
4. Evaluation & placement is at the coach’s discretion. All practice roster players will be given an equal opportunity to fill an open spot on a roster. New players will be invited to practice with the team and other practice roster players before being added to a roster. A new player can be placed on a team ahead of a practice roster player at the coach’s and coaching director’s discretion.
5. Players will be limited to a period of 2 weeks to practice with a team without being on the practice roster. The coach, player & parents must decide within this time frame if the player will be added to the practice roster. The player will be required to sign a Park City Soccer Club waiver for these 2 weeks.
6. If a player is offered a place on the team and they decline that place, the coaching staff or the PCSC board will determine, on a case-by-case basis, whether or not the player can remain on the practice roster.
7. Once a player decides to leave a practice roster, he cannot join again until tryouts of the following year, except in certain circumstances arranged with the coaching director.
8. Players on the practice roster are encouraged to participate in: Fall Rec League, Winter “Big or Little Foot League”, Spring Rec League, Spring Academy. Coaches should allow for them to attend these games and practices.
QUESTIONS? Please contact:
Bob Martin--PCSC Coaching Director--at